Wednesday, 1 February 2012

Creative, Original & Your Kids Will Love It!


Have you ever wondered why it sometimes seems so difficult to connect with Your Kids? Have You noticed that while you enjoyed the video games you grew up with You feel like you need a degree to play your childrens video games?
Sometimes with all the other responsibilities we have we fall behind on kids technology. So let's not make life any more difficult than it already is.. Let's bring our kids back to us instead of us struggling to catch up to them!
I don't want to learn "Mall World" and "Webkinz" and "FarmVille"..So, I decided to find ways to introduce my kids to toys I use to love so that when we do playtime we all enjoy what we're doing. The benefits of this connection in my family is it tends to lead to a lot of old memories that the kids love, they have insite to what Mom & Dad did at their age.
Our Fruit Dish
I will list some of our favorites and hopefully you will enjoy this as much as we do. Better yet,maybe you have some ideas we can add to our family time.
  • LEGO Lego is my personal favorite. My siblings and I always had lego and we spent many hours playing with them. At Christmas my youngest recieved micro lego but found it difficult to put together (she is 3 years old). My oldest daughter and I connected immediately. We spend many nights sitting together doing lego. Under normal circumstances we would be spending this time watching TV in silence. Instead we are being creative and having constant conversation throughtout. I eventaully purchased Mega Lego for my youngest, Cupcake Lego to be exact. It's easier for her and She loves it.

Our Valentine's Project
Lego Instructions Helped With This House  


  • PLAYDOH My little one loves Playdoh. I also loved it as a child but didn't get to play with it much because it tends to make a mess... So... Have you tried MoonDoh? I love it! Dry and so easy to pick up or vaccuum up if necessary. Often times when I find myself over thinking or stressing I am kneeding it in my hand.. Seems to help.
  • OUTSIDE Going outside with the kids isn't always about a park or specific location. I often play games with them I played as a child. We had imagination and a lot less toys. I find My oldest teaching her friends these silly games me and my friends created. Both of My Daughters also loves just to go for a walk. My Oldest likes to leave the car home and walk to the Corner Store instead of driving. It's a small thing but as a child, I walked with my parents a lot, or got to ride on my dad's shoulders.. Either way it created great memories.
  • MOVIES When it comes to movie time we hardly ever watch the newest releases. My kids watch the new ones but if I'm sitting down to watch a movie, It will be an oldy and a goody!! Our Favorite that I'd suggest is "Drop Dead Fred" or "The Princess Bride". It's definately a laugh for the whole family even now.
  • COLORING Again, I don't mean just any coloring. We print our personal favorites from Googles coloring pages. When we are out of ink, which happens often, we draw or make holiday cards. They get to express themselves and practise writing and drawing. 
  • My Daughters Nail Art
  • NAILS This one I do because I have daughters, but we have Nail Design books My Daughters also received as gifts. They have fun pictures and designs that can either be done alone or some are a little easier with some help.
  • SCRAPBOOKING This gives you the oppurtunity to go through the old family pictures which is an activity all in itself. It brings smiles where it use to bring embarrassment.Your kids are now embarrassed while you think you were cute.. It's fun.

I know these are all very simple ideas but sometimes we forget the simple things in life. When we are doing them it gives us time to think. We aren't too busy learning how to do the activity, we are just having a fun relaxed play date with a lot of positive conversation.  
Please share any fun activities you think we would enjoy. We will continue sharing our activities with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment